This Bacon Asparagus Cajun Pasta is out of this world. I know because I was having a heck of a time photographing it without eating it. This creamy dreamy pasta is loaded with all kind of goodies…bacon, asparagus, garlic, spinach and a creamy Cajun Parmesan sauce that is to die for.
BACON ASPARAGUS CAJUN PASTA
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 4 slices uncured hickory smoked bacon coarsely chopped
- 12 stems asparagus rough ends removed and cut in bite size pieces
- 4–6 cloves garlic minced
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons Cajun spice
- 1 cup grated fresh Parmesan
- Cook pasta according to box instructions and drain well.
- In large skillet over medium heat add bacon pieces. Cook for 8 minutes. Add asparagus and cook for 8 minutes. Reduce heat and add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add spinach and cook just until slightly wilted. Remove to plate.
- Using same skillet pour in wine scraping bottom to remove browned bacon bits. Add cream, Cajun spice and simmer to desired thickness stirring frequently. Remove from heat and slowly add Parmesan cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Add bacon/asparagus mixture and drained rigatoni. Serve immediately.This creamy dreamy pasta is loaded with all kind of goodies…bacon, asparagus, garlic, spinach and a creamy Cajun Parmesan sauce that is to die for.0 seconds of 59 secondsVolume 90%